Monday, August 2, 2010

South Padre Tarpon/Snook



Here's some shots from the SPI jetties on 7/30 and 7/31. On friday morning, I jumped six tarpon using rattle traps and a Rapala shad rap. It was a strong outgoing tide, and they were setting up on rocks on the channel side of the jetties. Dad and I went back out friday afternoon, and dad caught his first snook! The tarpon weren't cooperating in the late afternoon. They were rolling just out of casting range. On saturday morning, Travis came down and we hit 'em with some live mullet. Travis hooked a monster that had him almost spooled twice before it finally broke off. He jumped about 4 more and I jumped about four before I finally got a hook into this one!! This was the first tarpon and snook I've caught in several years, and we got to spend some QT with Keith, Karyn, Presley, and the rest of the fam, so it was a great trip down south!!

No comments:

Post a Comment