Friday, September 24, 2010

Lake Austin 9/24


I hit Lake Austin this afternoon with big bass on my mind. It was my first time on LA with the new outboard, so I was looking forward to running & gunning to a few of my favorite creeks and laydown trees. I caught several decent keepers and lots of dinks on flukes and wacky rigged senkos. I saw several fish that were giants... I went back to the mouth of one creek three times to fish for some huge bass that were hanging out on the edge of a grass line. I saw at least 3 that would have gone 10+lbs. They were pretty spooky during the day, but I went back just after dark and made long casts to the spot they were hanging out in. I ended up catching several in the 17-18 inch range, and this one that was 22.5". I figure it was about a 7 pounder. This is the biggest bass I've caught in a while, and as excited as I was to catch it, I was also a little disappointed that it wasn't one of the giants that were there. Bass fishing should be heating up now that the weather is cooling!! Big tournaments coming up soon at Choke Canyon and LBJ!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment