Thursday, December 30, 2010

Falcon Lake!!

Well, I finally got to fish the fabled waters of Falcon Reservoir!! The boat has lots of new scratches, spiders, and broken off thorn sticks & I couldn't be happier! Dad and I fished 12/22,23 and again on 12/27, 28. Dad caught his new personal best twice!! The first one was a 7.25lb bucketmouth caught on a black megatail rattlesnake on a main lake point. The second was a 8.25lb fat bellied mama that ate a green shad JoBaby spinnerbait with a white Zoom grub trailer. We fished main lake points, flooded brush, deep humps, pond dams, creek channels, dam rocks, bridges, submerged bridges... pretty much anything we could find, we fished. The best bite was on the spinnerbaits on tuesday. We ended up with 33.5lbs for our top five, with dad's 8.25 anchoring the sack. The bass were crushing the spinnerbaits, and at one point, I almost lost a rod when a 6.5lbr hit it so hard that it ripped the rod out of my hands! Dad and I both got a new lesson in what it takes to catch these fish out of thick cover. PULL!!!! We didn't catch an undersize fish the entire trip & we probably had a total of 15+ fish over 5lbs. I got the Falcon bug out of my system for now, but I have a feeling it's gonna hit me again soon!!!




1 comment:

  1. You can tell from your faces that you guys had a blast! I can't believe these fish!

    ReplyDelete