Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lake Austin - Big Mama

I hit Lake Austin today from about 8am-2pm. It was a pretty slow morning... but at about 12:15, I got a big bite. I was throwing a bone colored Strike Pro baby buster over a really rough flat that was getting hit hard by boat wakes. I had a couple followers just before this one hit, so I was working the lure pretty fast. When this fish hit, it looked like a bowling ball got dropped in the water. She jumped immediately, so I knew it was a big one. After a long fight, I finally got her to the boat and lipped her. The whole fight, she had another fish that was about 4-5lbs following her. The tail was very worn and bloody, so I think she was on a bed and the other fish was the male. This is the 2nd biggest bass I've ever caught. She went 9lbs exactly and was about 25.5" long.



No comments:

Post a Comment