Monday, July 4, 2011

LLM = Epic snook fishing!!!

This weekend was the best snook fishing I have ever had. We caught a total of 14 snook in 3 trips, and caught three over 30"!!! We also lost several more over 30". The fishing in the lower Laguna is amazing!! We caught snook in several different spots, and were in the right place at the right times to put a bait on their breakfast table. All 14 fish were caught on artifical lures, and all were released. Here's some shots of some of the memorable ones!



This one was my biggest, at over 32". I caught it on the first cast on sunday morning on a mascara colored Buster Jerk II. I was using 30lb braid with 60lb leader, so I was prepared for the big one and it happened on the first cast!


This is Rachel's 31". It hit a white Gulp 4" shrimp late in the day on saturday. Yes, she hooked it and caught it all on her own! I was very proud of this one!!!


This is Keith's 30"+. It hit a bunker colored Baby Buster right at the boat. We both saw this fish swirl and casted at it simultaneously. Keith had the mojo working on saturday morning and got the big bite. We caught 9 snook on saturday and Keith caught a Grand Slam.


Here's Dad's 25" he caught on a white Gulp 4" shrimp on Monday morning.



This is my father in law, Frank, with the fish that started it all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment