Friday, September 2, 2011

Mexico Super Grand Slam!!

Rachel and I had a great day of fishing with Enrique Trinidad in Isla Blanca, MX on 8/25. I caught my first inshore Super Grand Slam!! All of these fish were sight casted on my new 3 piece travel rod I made for this trip! The permit came first on a small pink & white spade head jig. Right after that, I got the tarpon on a crab pattern Buggs lure. The bonefish was a little hard to get because the sun went behind some cluds and they were tough to spot. Luckily, I saw a little flash and was able to reach them with a long cast. After that, Enrique took us through a tunnel of mangroves to a perfectly glassy lagoon. There was a little 3' channel running into the lagoon on the back side, and there were about 6 snook sitting on the side of it. The snook hit a 3" rootbeer/gold gulp shrimp. This was definitely one of the most memorable days of fishing I have ever had!!! While we were looking for the snook, I started telling Enrique the story about last time I was down there six years ago and a shark ate my snook right after I released it... His reply was "That was me!"...It turns out this was the 2nd time I've fished with Enrique, so I guess now it's a tradition! Big thanks to Enrique and to Martin van der Does at http://www.cancuntarponfishing.com/ for setting this trip up!!









No comments:

Post a Comment