Monday, August 20, 2012

Summer Tournament Report

After a tough club tournament on Stillhouse in June, the July and August tournaments have gone well. On 7/21, David Gandaria and I won on Lake Georgetown, and this past weekend, Tom Martens and I won the 13hr overnight tournament on LBJ. We were hitting green lights upriver with spoons and crankbaits to catch our fish. The trick was running the crankbait very slowly... Our kicker fish was this one that went about 6.3lbs. It caught the crankbait in the gill and didn't survive, but it made a tasty fillet. This tournament extended my lead a bit in the AOY club standings, so I'm looking to close out the year strong... I have a few rods that have gone out recently without pics, but I should have some new rod shots soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment