Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fishing for Freedom 2011

Last weekend was a fun weekend of fishing! I entered the Fishing for Freedom tournament on Lake Belton and fished with Mike Rivera. Mike is a veteran Apache helicopter pilot, so right away I knew I was dealing with a sharp dude. We were boat 197 out of the starting blocks, and we ended un in 6th place out of 286 teams!! It was a really tough day of fishing, but our three smallmouth and one largemouth were enough to get us in the money for a $700 payday! We caught our fish on white square bill crankbaits and green pumpkin hula grubs. Ok the way back to the weigh in, I spun the hub on my prop, so Mike had to get picked up and go to weigh in on his own. I made it to the weigh in just in time to pick up our checks! This one was a confidence booster, as we beat out several Bassmaster Elite series pros... This was my first time on Belton, so we'll call it beginners luck!

Takeoff... got our game faces on:


Mike with our 2 best smallmouth:


On sunday (after getting a new prop with my winnings), I fished the club tournament at Stillhouse Hollow Reservoir. Bryan Henegar and I got second place and I picked up this one that was just shy of 5lbs. My weight was enough to hold my 2nd place spot in the club standings.

No comments:

Post a Comment