Saturday, October 8, 2011

Lake Travis 10/8

Tom Martens and I hit Lake Travis today for a few hours. The lake is lower than I've ever seen it... We started the morning under a little drizzle, so that was weird. We had a killer morning of fishing. Tom was on fire with a jig, and I was catching them on cranks, jigs, shaky heads, and Baby Buster. We probably caught about 50 fish from 7am until 11:30, with the biggest five about 15+lbs. I kept my 5lbr streak alive with this one... It came on a shaky head from way behind a dock. I didn't think I was going to be able to get it out, but somehow I managed to land it. I also caught this nice Guadalupe bass. Guads don't get very big, so this one was actually a "picture taker". Fun morning on the water!! I promise, some fishing rods are coming up soon!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment